Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I Can Haz Job?

ZinfanGirl apologizes for being so MIA this week & last! A trip to Seattle last week & a trip to Cabo next week aren't leaving much time for wine *tear*

As you all probably already know, I want IN to the wine industry. I'll crush grapes, sell bottles, pick out stems, whatever, but I really would love to be a more active part of this whole process. I was stoked when I saw a job posting on WineJobs.com for a position in my area.

Pros: Flex/part-time hours, small company, proficiency in French preferred (!!!), participation in trade shows & tastings.

Cons: Across the Bay in Oakland--not too far from the ZinfanFamily actually, adamant that they want a 2-3 year commitment to being part-time, must know QuickBooks. And it's a desk job :P

So I applied. And I followed up. And I have been doing the back & forth thing ever since with the owner as far as setting up a time for an interview. He wanted to do it last Thursday; I was flying to Seattle. Called this evening and left a voicemail hoping for a 9AM interview tomorrow in Oakland; I have a 12PM appointment in San Francisco and fear that would cut it awful close. I'm free ALL the rest of the week; he won't be in the office on Thursday & Friday. And of course, I'll be busy doing tequila shots in Mexico all next week. Is this a sign that it's not meant to be?

Well, at least I can say I tried. Maybe he will call back tomorrow and say, "ZinfanGirl, we cannot survive without you, what can we do to make you love us and want to work with us?" But I fear I've already proven a tad difficult to get an interview set up and they will give up. And I'm not entirely sure I'm sold on the job anyway (just didn't get that great a vibe from the owner when we talked on the phone). And, if I may fess up here, it has been a damn long time since I've had an interview and the thought is freaking me out.

Does anyone out there want to give me a job? Please? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment